Sunday, June 27, 2010

James 1:1-6; 17-Trials and Joy / Doubt and TRUST IN JESUS

This is my very first Blog! YAY!

Tony has been giving us a series of sermons on the book of James. I have never read through James up to this point. I'm learning that James is a very practical book and very straight forward. James is telling us to have faith and do... I'm learning a few things... One, being, FAITH + GOOD WORKS = FRUIT.

But, also, to be thankful and for the troubles or trying times in my life. God is pruning me and pruning is NOT comfortable. However, by God's pruning there is also a time of healing. I'm learning I'm never alone.

James 1: 1-4

1. James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ. To the twelve tribes in the Dispersion: Greetings.
2. Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds,
3. for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
4. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.

As I'm embarking on a new journey, these scriptures became a solace for me. It NEVER seems joyful as I face trials. But, as I said before, God's pruning is NEVER comfortable; but what He produces through our trials is a beautiful thing. And that IS joyful!

James 1:5-6; 17

5. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.
6. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind.

17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

I told a friend the other day, "Tell God what you NEED", I need to take that advice myself. I'm so hesitant to tell my heavenly Father what I need. He knows what I need, He just wants me TO ASK HIM!!! Then, the other hard part is to believe HE will answer that prayer. Having faith is something that has always been difficult for me. In fact, the only time I've ever had complete faith is on June 24, 2009 when I through faith asked Jesus to come and live in my heart and be the LORD of my life. Having faith in anything of this world is never easy. Looking at all instances in my life, if it had anything in the world to do with this world, I always was and am currently doubtful. Verse 17 confirms that EVERY good and perfect gift is from God. I never have to doubt my sweet Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Great post...looking forward to following your blog!

    You have all the faith you need for what God has called you to do. Exercise the faith He has given you so it will become stronger. I agree - the application part is always the hardest, but the rewards are so worth it!

    Love,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete