Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bedtime talks with Jesus

I began the process of getting Olivia in bed around 8 p.m. tonight. We knelt on the floor beside her little bed and began to say our bedtime prayers. (Which are sweet moments that I'll cherish with both my children for the rest of my life)

I always say the prayer and Olivia ends it by repeating "AMEN" and clapping! HA! Tonight was a little different though. My sweet little girl, bowed her head, closed her eyes and with her little hands pressed together in a genuinely innocent prayer to JESUS, said "TANKS"... That may not seem like much to other people, but, to me, that one sweet word (which by the way, translates into Thanks) was the beginning of her verbal prayers to God... I scooped her up and praised the One who blessed me with this sweet little girl!

but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” MATTHEW 19:14 ESV





No comments:

Post a Comment